HOW AND WHEN BLOOR WALK-IN CLINIC COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bloor Walk-in Clinic collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY BLOOR WALK-IN CLINIC
Bloor Walk-in Clinic uses personal information that it collects for the following:
- to communicate with individuals;
- to understand individual needs;
- to promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by Bloor Walk-in Clinic;
- to provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of Bloor Walk-in Clinic’s ongoing service with its customers; and
- to conduct, process and complete transactions with Bloor Walk-in Clinic’s customers. The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. Bloor Walk-in Clinic may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY BLOOR WALK-IN CLINIC
Bloor Walk-in Clinic does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. Bloor Walk- in Clinic will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- when Bloor Walk-in Clinic has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances, specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- when Bloor Walk-in Clinic, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- to affiliated and associated companies within Bloor Walk-in Clinic and only for the purposes as described herein – these affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein;
- to its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers – these third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein; and
- in the event of the sale of Bloor Walk-in Clinic, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY BLOOR WALK-IN CLINIC
At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made non-identifiable or destroyed.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Bloor Walk-in Clinic collects and uses non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows Bloor Walk-in Clinic to improve the quality of visits to websites by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
WEBSITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
Websites operated by Bloor Walk-in Clinic may contain links to other websites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Bloor Walk-in Clinic does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision about whether or not to visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bloor Walk-in Clinic has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Bloor Walk-in Clinic. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Bloor Walk-in Clinic does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Bloor Walk-in Clinic employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Bloor Walk-in Clinic other than in accordance with this Statement.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Bloor Walk-in Clinic. Bloor Walk-in Clinic believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Bloor Walk-in Clinic keep personal information as current as possible, Bloor Walk-in Clinic encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Bloor Walk-in Clinic as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
To file a complaint with Bloor Walk-in Clinic concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please email email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated by Bloor Walk-in Clinic as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
THE CHOICE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR TO RECEIVE CERTAIN INFORMATION AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply Bloor Walk-in Clinic with personal information. Individuals wishing to ‘opt-out’ of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from Bloor Walk-in Clinic or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact the Privacy Officer at Bloor Walk-in Clinic by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and Bloor Walk-in Clinic, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of Bloor Walk-in Clinic products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features. Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent, which may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED AS PART OF TRANSACTION
Additional personal information, in excess of what is outlined in this Statement, may be required to facilitate the successful completion of a transaction between Bloor Walk-in Clinic and a customer. Where additional personal information is required or collected, the personal information form will outline the conditions on which such personal information is collected, retained, and/or distributed.
Bloor Walk-in Clinic attempts to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current, but cannot guarantee that all information presented here is accurate, free of errors and up-to-date. As such, Bloor Walk-in Clinic urges you to use this website for informational and illustrational purposes only, and to consult a staff at our clinic for the most current and accurate information.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
This Statement has been adopted by Bloor Walk-in Clinic as of April 2020. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on www.bloorwalkinclinic.ca as soon as practical.